o Main page
o Awards and
o Current Events
[ Email ]
Events - Tamiko Thiel
Exhibits & Conferences
- MoMA, New York City, USA
October 9th, 2010 - indefinite:
Two works of mine are featured in the - uninvited! - augmented reality exhibit "We AR in MoMA." This is an historic, guerrilla take-over of MoMA's cyberspace organized by Sander Veenhof & Mark Skwarek!
- Bushwick (Brooklyn), New York City, USA
November 14, 2010 - indefinite:
Two new AR works of mine are featured in the group public art show "Bushwick Augmented Reality Intervention"organized by Mark Skwarek as part of the Beta Spaces Festival.
- Florence, Italy
October 26- November 7, 2010:
Exhibition of The Travels of Mariko Horo in the group show "Colorito" at the Palazzo Medici-Riccardi as part of the ACM Multimedia Interactive Art program.
October 25, 19:30 h
As part of this exhibit, I will participate in a panel discussion (in German) on "Farbe und multimediale Kunst" at the Deutsches Institut in Florenz.
- Edinburgh, Scotland
November 1-3, 2010:
I will give a talk on "Rhetorics of the Interactive 3D Installation
'Virtuelle Mauer/ReConstructing the Wall'” at the ICIDS 2010 Conference on Interactive
Other events of note
- Discussions of my Work / Publications:
- Boston University Professor Matthew Smith published an article on my work in the September 2010 issue of the Performing Arts Journal (PAJ, MIT Press):
"Liquid Walls: The Digital Art of Tamiko Thiel"
- My VR installations are discussed in the new book "The World of Digital Art," by Wolf Lieser, Director of the Digital Art Museum (DAM) in Berlin, Germany. The book is available in English, German, and several other languages.
- I have written an essay "Where Stones Can Speak: Dramatic Encounters in Interactive 3D Virtual Reality" on my large 3D worlds as a chapter for the book Third Person: Authoring and Exploring Vast Narratives edited by Pat Harrigan and Noah Wadrup-Fruin and published by MIT Press.
- The CM-1 t-shirt has been re-issued!
Back by popular demand: with the help of Internet technology and the generous folks at spreadshirt.com I have been able to re-issue the t-shirt for the Connection Machine CM-1. Read about it - and order it - here!